We do have opportunities for people who share our values and aims and are able to serve for between 6 months and two years. (For options of less than 6 months see Frequently Asked Questions)
Most of our short termers serve at the Learning Centre in Abéché. All short-termers serve as part of an outreach team alongside experienced workers.
The major options are:
- Teaching English
- Teaching French language or literacy
- Teaching very basic IT (usually in French)
- Teaching use of media – photo, audio, video etc
- Serving in student library
- Running an internet station
- Outreach to nomads (one year minimum)
There may be other options – see the opportunities list. If you want to come to Chad and have a skill not listed, feel free to contact us and ask.
Serving Short Term (Short Term In Chad)